Sunday, February 9, 2014

Starring the Voices of...

Andrea Romano is amazing.  She has to be one of the best voice casting directors in the world, if not the best.  I never paid attention to such things until the JLA animated series showed up, and she had such great casting ideas (Hawk and Dove's voices are inspired, that's all I am gonna say about that now). 

Here are some captures from Season Two of Batman: The Brave and The Bold.   There are plenty of familiar voices in each episode, but they rarely repeat from a previous series.  Though some do, like Booster Gold's AI buddy Skeets has the same voice actor he did in the JLU show.
The actors all wisely steer away from the voices of previous Batman incarnations, or the other heroes that show up.  They really made Aquaman fun, mostly by turning him into Marvel's version of Hercules.
While I miss Casey Kasem as both Robin AND Shaggy, using his live action voice was a pretty good idea too.  I really love this cartoon.  I know I keep saying it, but I do.  I'm actually putting off watching the final 12 episodes cause I don't want it to end.

No comments: