Thursday, June 11, 2015

RIP Sir Christopher Lee

As has been reported elsewhere, Sir Christopher Lee passed on today.  While many younger fans know him as Saruman the White in the Lord of the Rings movies, many of us remember him in his early roles as legendary monsters (and some heroes).  Though I didn't know it was him at the time, I first saw him as Dracula at a very early age, and like his predessor in the role, Bela Lugosi, he left an impression on me.

Naturally as I found out more about this great gentleman I was even more impressed.  He played all kinds of roles, including both Holmes brothers and his Mummy was the most menacing bandaged beast ever.  I wanted to use a picture of his Mummy but since he was all swaddled I thought I'd use one that featured his face.

RIP Sir, you will be missed.

No comments: