Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ultra Monsters, again

This time I've got various captures from a few different shows, including the second Ultra Galaxy series - that's Antlar vs Gomora right there, a matchup we all have wanted to see for a long time.  I'm glad it happened, but too bad it wasn't in a city where they could rampage around and destroy lots of buildings.  It's been a while since I've watched any of the Ultra Galaxy series, I'd like to see it again.  I know it was fansubbed at some point, but maybe Crunchyroll will license it for viewing in the future at some point.

Then there's this shot from the Monster Island of the Cosmos universe.  I liked that show just fine, but don't remember much about it, other than "Chaos Head" being the villain (dubious subtitles and all.
Still, who wouldn't want to visit that place?  Lots of nifty monsters, including several stand ins for the classic Ultra monsters.  Of course, they would make a comeback in the following series Ultraman Max, but no one knew that at the time.
Finally, from the classic (and still best) original series we have the plant monster Miroganda.  For some reason plant monsters are few and far between in all of filmdom, at least compared to their animal counterparts.  This also happens to be one of the three episodes of Ultraman I saw growing up, and it's a good one.

No comments: