Tuesday, November 3, 2015

61 years of Godzilla

This really does happen every year, and it's always something to remember for me.  Godzilla has been in my life since about 1970 or so, and even when there have been no new movies or even useless American remakes he's always been there, in some form.  Godzilla vs Megalon was the first Godzilla movie I ever bought on VHS, even though it was a really bad edit and not a great picture I was happy to have it, since it was a movie I loved so much.   

I've been writing about Godzilla for so long now and yet I still remember that first time I saw him on the big screen.  Even TV airings were big events for me and my friends back then, since you never knew when you'd seen any movie again.

I'm glad all the classics are easily available now and in many different versions, but I'm also glad I was around when seeing them was something incredible.

No comments: