Thursday, January 7, 2016

Avengers: Age of Ultron

It's no secret I've been a big fan of the Vision since, oh, say, 1971 or so.  So it's also no surprise I had a lot of trepidation about my favorite character making his cinematic debut in this movie, since, you know, realism has rather taken down the fun a peg or two.  And I saw this as someone who has enjoyed most of the Marvel movies to some degree, even if I was frustrated by a few of them.  I always go into them with very low expectations and knowing they really aren't going to be the classic heroes I grew to love when I was a kid.  That's half the battle there.

I'm really happy to report that I loved this Vision.  He stole the entire movie in the brief time he was in it, and his new origin (sadly, I did feel they lost a moment since the Torch was actually referenced in first Cap movie) is quite acceptable.  Didn't know vibranium was the new wonder metal of all time.  Adamantium was around long before Wolverine, so it can't be part of the X-men universe.

So now I want a series of Vision movies.  Yep, screw all those other guys, especially Thanos, just let me have my Vision.  I think he's proven he's worthy.

Oh, yeah, I did like the rest of the movie, though calling Natasha "Nat" was weird, since it's always been "Tasha" from Hawkeye.

No comments: