Monday, November 15, 2010

Starlettes vs Derby Dames

this past Saturday (on 11-13-10) was the final bout of the San Diego Starlettes 2010 season.  I can hardly believe it's been 10 months since this post when I started.

and it only took 10 months to get me into a ref shirt and position!  I had the best time at this game, and am very thankful for all the support I got from the other refs and even the players.

the Prison City Derby Dames put up a valiant battle, and never quit fighting til the end of the bout.  they were good, but they were no match for the Starlettes, led by Lady Diesel and Rumble Pie, along with great efforts by Sugar Britches, Ortega Chile, Sweet Pain and of course, our awesome Jammers, Icepax, Wonder Whoop'em and Wicked Angel.

I am thankful I found roller derby, and more thankful that this is such a great league I am part of now.  you women just rock and I'm glad I've made new friends and am (still) acquiring some new skills.

oh, the final score was 174 to 67.

No comments: