Friday, May 23, 2014

The Fooks - Drunken Lullabies

Here's a great cover of Flogging Molly's "Drunken Lullabies". In fact, I've heard this so many times I actually prefer it to the original. Full disclosure- I'm friends with the band and make no apologies for that. They are all great people and I miss them. A lot. I'm working on ways to get them to tour Colorado, but if you are in San Diego go see them.

They are also so much fun to see live. They play all sorts of songs, and play them well, and their interaction with the audience is so great. Unless you are texting while they are playing, then Kirk may call you out. Yes, that's happened to me on more than one occasion. They have a new album out called, appropriately enough, "Carpe Scrotum". It's available in CD form or you can find it on Google Play by searching The Fooks. It's worth it.  Or click this link.

No comments: