Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Black Scorpion trailer

I had the pleasure of seeing this movie on the big screen a few years ago. it's really one I would love to have seen as a kid, though I don't recall if it ever aired in my area. if it did, I wasn't there to see it, or something else happened. the world may never know. there is another trailer to this movie, one of those ones that uses stills and not moving images.

 the animation is really good. ignore any morons who call it "jerky", as that says more about them than the movie. it's funny how many people also seem to think Harryhausen did it, when it was his mentor, Willis O'Brien along with Pete Peterson (he did most of it).

it would be a better movie if they had changed the ending a bit better, make the titular beast chasing one of the heroes down the street, add some tension to it. but overall, it's a lot of fun.

No comments: