Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer (1949)

watched this movie yesterday.  it's hard to believe but I had never seen it before.  granted, it's not really in the "boys meet the monsters" series, but it does have Boris Karloff in it, so you would think I would have been at least interested in viewing it.  it must never have aired in my area, or it was on some time when I wasn't there.  that could have happened, I'll grant.

having said all that, it's not that great a movie.  I don't know that I would have liked it that much.  and Boris seems quite like an afterthought, and really doesn't do that much.  seems like a wasted opportunity.

the boys get involved in a bunch of murders at a hotel.  for a change Bud isn't taking advantage of Lou.  Bud's the hotel detective and Lou is a bellhop.  they actually seem to like each other in this movie, which is a nice change of pace.  the rest of the goings on are just not very funny.  the ending, when it gets there, is good.

No comments: