Tuesday, April 14, 2015

RIP Herbe Trimpe

I just heard the news that artist extraordinaire and all around nice guy Herb Trimpe has passed away.  To many fans he will always be known as the Hulk artist, but to me he was the Godzilla/Shogun Warrior artist.  Those 44 issues of both runs (well, ok, 42,  since he had a guest artist for #4 and #5 of Godzilla) let me know what a great storyteller he was.

When I went to a panel he was on many years ago at the San Diego Comic Con naturally the talk turned to Godzilla.  He had no answer as to why Marvel never did Godzilla vs the Hulk, but he did say it was his most requested consignment piece.

I'm glad I got to meet him, and the next issue of Xenorama will be dedicated to him.  This one should have been, since it has three articles that contain Trimpe's artwork.

He will be missed.

No comments: