Friday, July 3, 2015

Ultra Comic!

This arrived in the mail yesterday.  I've only read a little bit but it's very interesting.  This what I'll be hosting my panel on little over week, so I better read it a few times.  It's set about 20 years in the future from the original Ultraman timeline, so that makes it about 2013 or so?  Hayata is older and has a son and both have some after effects of Hayata merging with Ultraman.  It's been some time since Earth has had a giant monster or alien invasion, so people have sort of forgotten what the Science Patrol was there for to begin with.

Naturally this is all going to change.

The creators of the comic book will be at Comic Con for my panel.  I have a basic idea of what I'm doing, but this really is a first for me.  The last time I hosted a panel was completely by accident at G-Fest 1999, when Damon was preparing questions on the fly for Corinne Orr and the late Peter Fernandez.  I just happened by and got drafted.

It was fun, but I was mostly there for moral support and some arcane weird knowledge.  This time I have to actually know stuff!

I'll have a report...

No comments: