Wednesday, July 8, 2015

T minus 3 Hiroko Sakurai

If I remember correctly, this was Comic-con in 2004, whenever Ultra Q had been released on DVD for the first time in Japan.  That is "Fuji" from Ultraman, and she was so nice and sweet.  I still have her autograph somewhere, along with the promo material they gave me for the Ultra Q release.  Who knew it would actually have a (somewhat) legit R1 DVD release with subtitles over here?  Not this guy, I'll tell you what!  Hiroko spoke English much better than I spoke Japanese, by the way.

Yes, that is my Bandai Seaboz figure she's holding, as I told her that was my favorite episode.  I'm pretty sure it was the first Ultraman episode I ever saw.  I'll be talking about it this coming Friday.  I wish I had taken more pictures back then, but the digital camera I had just didn't hold that many photos.

Anyway, the time is drawing near!  I'm quite excited!

1 comment:

August Ragone said...

David,
Dude, 2004? That was 2001! Sakurai is awesome!

Best,
August