Monday, April 5, 2021

Sherlock (2010)

 

While I am not a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, I find it hard to believe I have not written about him here for almost 15 years.  I've watched many versions of the character and enjoyed most of them.  I was a little late to seeing the first three seasons of this adaption, and I see there is a fourth available now.  I started watching it again with someone (my mom, OK?)  who has no history with Sherlock at all.  I had forgotten how good it is.  It's set in the present day, which makes it have to adjust to mass info being available easily now.  

It also  has the hindsight of being able to bring Moriarty into Sherlock's life much sooner than the books and stories ever did.  So there are continuing threads throughout all the episodes.  This does include Dr Watson's love life.

Benedict's Sherlock reminds me ever so much of Dr. Sheldon Cooper.  They are both arrogant about their abilities and lack certain social graces.  Netflix has all four seasons available to watch now.

No comments: