Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Blep

 

Today I said goodbye to my beloved 13 1/2 year old ginger cat, Thuvia Jane.  She had metastatic cancer in her lungs and I had to make that quality of life decision for her.  It's been a hard two weeks, but I know it was the right thing to do for her.  I am holding on to all the wonderful memories of her at this point.  She was with me for over 12 years, even longer than Dacya.  I know at some point Emerald will get a new friend, but it's gonna be a minute.  I know when it's time.

I did not remember taking this picture of TJ doing a blep.  I am glad I have one of her doing it, though.  I love it when cats (and other animals) blep.  Dacya did it on a semi-regular basis, and I have plenty of those pictures.  This one is from 2012, almost ten years ago.  I have two of these, but this one is the funniest one.  TJ was unique amongst cats.  She was my cat, even though she was far more friendly to other people than Emi or Dacya.  

I love you, Thuvia Jane.

2 comments:

Danny Coffin said...

My deepest sympathies & most heartfelt condolences , David ; losing a pet hurts so much...

X7 said...

Thank you Danny. Hope you are doing well!