Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 6- One World, One People

 

Legacy heroes are hard to accept at times.  Steve Rogers has been Captain America my whole life.  I've seen at least five (count 'em FIVE) other Captain Americas, and Steve has always returned to the role he was given.  That's usually the big dramatic beat before he defeats whatever menace that is around at the time.  It generally works pretty well.  This of course doesn't count the Cap II and Cap III that took over whilst Steve was on ice.  The world thought he was dead then. Spoilers:

Anyway, I think Sam is a good replacement for Steve.  The show wraps up pretty well, with lots of action.  Even the now US Agent gets to redeem himself somewhat.  I don't recall the Super Soldier Serum giving people super strength, but perhaps I should watch that first Cap movie again.  I'm also not sure how I feel about Sharon being turned evil.  However, that "mask" she was wearing certainly was effective... or was it a mask at all? 

It looks like a second series is going to be ordered up.  I'll watch it.

No comments: