Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Ninth Doctor

this is the ninth incarnation of the Doctor, as played by Christopher Eccleston.  I've watched the first five episodes of his Doctor and...

well, it's odd.  he's not quite right for the part.  his dramatic acting is fine, but when he tries to do the eccentric bits it seems like he is "acting" the part as it calls for it.  but maybe he'll grow into the role.

except he only did it for one season, so nix that idea.  perhaps he'll grow on me in the next 8 episodes.

anyway, the stories are pretty fun, and thankfully not going for a constant "epic" feeling that sci-fi seems to think it has to be these days.  it's nice to see some old "friends" as well, though acting like the world the Doctor inhabits doesn't know there are aliens, or has forgotten who the Daleks are is a little odd.  I mean, aliens sent dinosaurs into London, and the Loch Ness Monster... are they that easily forgotten?

I enjoy the show enough to keep watching so far. I gotta say I don't care for the new inside of the T.A.R.D.I.S. but I am glad they kept the box the same.

No comments: