Friday, November 25, 2011

Godzilla Week!

what a line up of movies for a week!  every afternoon at four PM.  I would have been in front of the TV every day this week, I can assure you of that.  one of the really interesting things here is the "Bionic Monster" title.  I wonder what actually came up for the title when it was shown.

this is from San Diego, as the call letters are for a local channel.  in Colorado they did these movies on Channel 4, which was the local NBC affiliate at the time.  I have the actual pages for these movies, and another week's worth, which I will post in due time, you'll just have to keep looking!

I only remember one of these Japanese monster weeks, and I remember only two of the movies- "The X From Outer Space" and "Terror Of MechaGodzilla" were shown.  there had to be three more, but those are lost to the sands of time.

I remember those because it was the first time I had seen either of those movies.

I also remember a Harryhausen week, as I think they aired "Mysterious Island" and I had to miss it for basketball practice.  so this was the late 70s or maybe early 1980. 

I wonder when the practice of themed movie weeks died out.  I really didn't pay much attention to the other types (probably cops and robbers, westerns etc) though everyone always mentions that the Planet of the Apes movies were usually show.  I don't remember seeing those, either.

No comments: