Thursday, February 24, 2022

Avengers/JLA


 I have not yet commented about George Perez and his diagnosis.  It makes me too sad.  I can, however, comment about this special reprint of the Justice League/Avengers crossover.  It is limited to 7.000 copies, which is fine and good, but damn, it's a mess overall.  The proceeds are going to George, but already people want to buy all 7,000 copies.  Then sell them for $300 on eBay.  George won't see a dime of that money.  Apparently most stores are only getting one or two copies of the thing.  It is priced at $30, which is pretty good, but even that won't net much monies for George.  It is all very annoying that Marvel and DC didn't get their baktag together earlier and make it a much larger run.  I would love a copy of this.

Some people say we should be grateful for anything, but in reply to that, I think they should give George all the copies and let his people auction them off.  Then he would get all the monies.  That seems to be fair.  I will miss George when he is gone.  The whole thing is enough to make an andriod cry.

No comments: