Monday, May 29, 2023

Happy Belated Birthday, Stevie Nicks

 

Ms. Stevie Nicks turned 75 on May 26th.  She was my first musical crush, when I saw the concert video for Sara sometime in 1982.  I had not cared for the song much, since it had been overplayed a lot for about three years, but seeing it performed was amazing.  She was ethereal and mystical, which enhanced her amazing presence.  She was also really pretty, which did appeal to 17 year old me.  I knew next to nothing of Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks, other than I generally enjoyed their music.

Later, when I learned more musical history, Stevie and her witchery appealed to me even more.  I have seen her twice in concert,  Once was at Red Rocks in about 1987, and Peter Frampton opened for her.  The second time was about 20 years ago in San Diego.  She was much more relaxed that time.  She is still wonderful and I hope she had a lovely birthday!

No comments: