Monday, May 15, 2023

Jeannie Epper, Extraordinary Stunts!

 

This is Jeannie Epper, one of the first women to do stunt work in Hollywood.  Not the first, but she has been very successful.  She is most well known for doubling Lynda Carter in Wonder Woman.  It was a good choice, since they are very similar in height and looks.  I like to think they were friendly with each other, since Jeannie did all the stunts that made Lynda look so good.  She also doubled Kate Jackson in Charlie's Angels.  I don't remember that show being full of action and dangerous stunts, but I am sure they needed doubles on occasion.  She did stunt work in Kill Bill vol. 2, which might have been for Darryl Hannah, but I am not going to watch that movie again to find out.

She, along with Zoë Bell, were featured in the documentary Double Dare, which I have had for several years and haven't watched yet.  I am going to include it in the Wonder Woman issue of Xenorama, though.  Without stunt actors, many of the movies and shows I love would not be possible.


No comments: