Thursday, May 25, 2023

Superman & Batman Generations (1999)

 

This is an Imaginary Tale about these heroes from their start of their careers (beginning in 1939) and ends up a thousand years in the future.  They meet new heroes, have triumph and heartbreak, encounter love and hate over all those years.  It is quite a journey, filled with heroes and their children, as well as friends and enemies.I am sure this was a response to Alan Moore's most excellent Supreme series.  Say what you want about John Byrne, but he has some great ideas and this is a well thought out story.  I bought all four issues when it was released, and now just got the TPB.  It holds up rather well.  I love the idea of legacy heroes, and the originals aging and the consequences of that.  Also, don't blink or you will miss a reference to a star-spangled team up.

I have the sequel and will be rereading it later.  I wish Byrne had done one for Marvel.

No comments: