Saturday, May 18, 2024

Peter Criss '78

 

Way back in 1978 the four original members of KISS did something unprecedented- they released four solo LPs at once.  There were a lot of behind the scenes issues going on in the band that caused this, and it might have been a mistake to ship a million copies of each LP out at once.  I got all of them, eventually, though not all at once.  This was the first one I bought.  Peter was my favorite back then, and this is the most non-KISS LP of the bunch.  I am not the biggest hard rock fan.  KISS was never completely hard rock or metal, but they have their moments.  So Peter's songs appealed to me. I liked Gene's LP quite a bit as well, since it was so odd overall.  Ace's was cool, and Paul's was the most KISS out of the batch.

Peter is the oldest of the originals, and had a big band drumming style.  Back then, there was no "rock" drumming style.  He liked different music growing up, as one can hear in this record.  It is considered the worst of the solo LPs, but it is the least KISS solo LP.  I like it.

No comments: