Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mask of Matches Malone

Have I mentioned recently how much I love Batman: The Brave and The Bold?

in this episode Batman receives a concussion and becomes Gotham's greatest crook.  his daughter, The Huntress, Black Canary and Catwoman team up to stop his crime spree.

there's a pretty awesome musical number in this episode.  they manage to drop lots of names and several rather sly innuendos into it (especially about Green Arrow, much to Canary;s chagrin).  I really never thought that Catwoman's usually lamentable purple and green outfit could look this good, but this cartoon actually manages to accomplish that.

here's a really funny bit with Selina and Dinah showing up in the same slinky dress.  apparently this is considered socially awkward among women. 

I've never understood exactly why that is.

the villain of our story is Two-Face.  he doesn't quite get the sympathy the 90s cartoon gave him (though I am sure it's no coincidence that Poison Ivy was in the opener (and with Black Orchid, how cool was that?).
and just for fun.  I think it applies.

No comments: