Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Dinosaur Ridge 2015

As part of a special edition of Xenorama, this place will be featured.  In fact, several places like this will be in the issue.  It's a lot of fun to research and many pictures have actually been taken by me.  Dinosaur Ridge is a really cool area up by Red Rocks.  I went to that amphitheater many times in the 80s and never knew this place was here.  Then I saw an advertisement for the local hotel that has dinosaurs all over it, and had to go.

It's really enjoyable, both the hotel and the fossil bed/formation.  I'm not sure what exactly to call it, but there is a tour bus all along the ridge, which features many sauropod tracks, as well as tracks from other dinosaurs.  I'm probably going back sometime next year, during the summer.  I need to do a bit more research for the book.

And take some better pictures, I hope.
 

No comments: