Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Five Deadly Venoms

There are actually about eight Venoms in this movie.  It's probably my favorite kung fu movie of all time.  It's ironic, that it's doesn't feature an actual kung fu style in it.  There is no real "Venom Clan".  This is probably a good thing, since the whole gist of the movie is that they actually did a lot of bad things for money.  It works really well, though, and it's even a bit of a mystery.  The ending was a surprise to me the first time I ever saw it (way back in 1984 on WDCA Channel 20).  I kind of miss those Black Belt Theater days, though they also showed a lot of really bad martial arts movies as well.

This is one movie I have actually triple dipped on- I have owned teh VHS tape, the DVD release and then finally the wonderful Blu Ray release.  I think the only other movie I have done this one is Destroy All Monsters which is also worth that kind of money.

"Poison Clan Rocks the World!"
 

No comments: