Saturday, September 21, 2024

Ramones- It's Alive (1977, released 1979)

From Wiki- It's Alive is the first live album by the American punk rock band the Ramones, titled after the 1974 horror film of the same name. It was recorded at the Rainbow Theatre in London on December 31, 1977, and released in April 1979 as a 2-LP set. The album draws from the band's first three studio albums: Ramones (1976), Leave Home (1977), and Rocket to Russia (1977). Four concerts during the UK tour were recorded, but the New Year's Eve one was chosen because ten rows of seats were thrown at the stage after the concert and it was considered the best of the performances at the venue.   Now back to me, the master of musical mayhem!

I just learned this existed. It sounds great.  I got the CD of course, which is a single disc.  There are so many songs I have never heard before.  The Ramones wrote some strange songs, but dang are they catchy.  I wish they had broken big, but that might have ruined them (like the Clash, sorry guys, I love you, but you did not handle fame well).  The Ramones deserve the status they have gained over the years, though.

No comments: