Monday, March 18, 2024

Zorro: Generation Z 2006

From Wiki- In 2015, teenager Diego de la Vega, the five times great-grandson of the original Zorro, discovers his heritage and decides to take up the mantle. Clad in a black suit and high-tech weapons, Zorro signs the "Z" to establish justice in the metropolis of Pueblo Grande, California. (me now)He gets help from the mute Bernardo and the Scarlet Whip (Maria Martinez, daughter of the corrupt ex-mayor Horace Hernado Martinez.  He's the main villain.  Diego's father, Alejandro, thinks his son is a playboy layabout.

I reviewed Zorro and Scarlet Whip Revealed! twelve years ago, and liked it OK.  It was the second compilation movie, which I don't think I knew at the time.  I watched the first two episodes of the series yesterday, and it is was made of three later episodes.  I remembered watching it, but nothing else about it.  It is funny how time works.  Zorro was a major influence on Batman, who is now a major influence on Zorro.  There is also a bit of a Phantom 2040 here as well, with legacy heroes.  I am kind of surprised it was set in 2015, rather than a bit further in the future.  

I quite enjoyed these first two episodes.
 

No comments: