Saturday, March 2, 2024

Godzilla vs. The Thing promo still

 

This was a very common still for the US monster mags to show back in the 60s and 70s.  It is a great shot that doesn't exist anywhere in the movie.  These kind of promotional stills used to confuse me as a kid, since I was not aware of airbrushing for quite a while.  I mean, there was the shot of King Kong fighting both Gorosaurus and Mechanikong in the snow.  That led to speculation of another Toho Kong movie no one had seen yet.  Now I find them a lot of misleading fun, that is for sure.

We do have a 60th anniversary issue planned for this movie, that will be a lot of fun as well.  This was a busy year for Godzilla, I'll tell you what.  This truly was Toho Studios Golden Age of genre movies.  That won't happen again, sadly.

No comments: