Sunday, March 31, 2024

More on Gargoyles (1972)

 

Sven aired this last night, and while I enjoy the movie, I had some more thoughts about it.  This appears to be the fifth time it has been on Svengoolie, which is fine with me.  The movie has a very classic monster vibe, small town people vs. the invaders from another planet/time/place.  The actors are good, and so is the action.  I do feel slightly bad for the Gargoyles, since it seems like they could try to sue for peace and live with humans.  They are lucky to that Cornel Wilde as Mercer Boley was nice enough to let the two breeders live.  I mean, if their gestation period is 500 years, they won't be able to reproduce that quickly.  Even if there are thousands of them now.A 74 minute movie should not be shown in a 2.5 hour time slot.  I am sure there are reasons for all these short movies being shown that way now, but dang, it really makes them drag.  I think for the shorter movies they could have a two hour slot, and for the longer ones the 2.5 hour slot.  But what do I know.  I did like the last segment with IMP and Sven, though.

No comments: