Monday, July 25, 2022

Batfink (1967)

This is the title to Batfink for disc 2.  I am still amazed that this series ever made it to DVD.  It is all 100 episodes, and those are not easy to watch in a row, since they were never meant to be.  When I was young, this show was a rarity when it was aired, though I saw it more than Johnny Cypher.  I saw it as than Mighty Mouse, though.  That was ubiquitous on the early morning kid shows.  I liked it, and still do, since it has a sense of humor about it.  Hugo a Go Go is a great villain, and he gets to talk to the narrator a lot.  The rest of the villains are pretty fun as well.  It is way better than Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse.
 I didn't remember too much about the show, other than Batfink's wings are like a shield of steel.  I didn't remember his supersonic sonar-radar or Karate his sidekick.  In essence, this was Batman with Kato.  Hal Seegar was the creator of this show, which followed Milton the Monster.  I think I would like to see that show now.

No comments: