Sunday, August 25, 2024

Happy Birthday to Gene Simmons!

 

From Wiki- Gene Simmons (born Chaim Witz; Hebrew: חיים ויץ [χaˈim ˈvits]; born August 25, 1949) is an American musician. Also known by his stage persona "The Demon", he was the bassist and co-lead singer of the hard rock band Kiss, which he co-founded with Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss in the early 1970s until their retirement in 2023. Simmons was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014 as a member of Kiss.  Back to me:

This makes the Demon 75 years old, though back in the heyday of KISS he would often tell people the Demon was born in 1776.  Or rather, more correctly, hatched in that year.  While I don't agree with everything Gene has ever done and said, I do appreciate both the music and the man.  I would like to meet him, because I know we could talk about Godzilla and such.  Mazel tov!

No comments: