Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sven- Mad Magician (1954)

 

From Wiki- The Mad Magician is a 1954 American horror film in 3D, directed by John Brahm starring Vincent Price, Mary Murphy and Eva Gabor. It was produced and distributed by Columbia Pictures, with a release in 3-D to build on the craze started by films such as House of Wax (1953), which also starred Price. In the film, a master illusionist murders his employer after learning he tricked him into signing away ownership of every trick he invents, and finds that to avoid being caught for the murder he must kill again and again. Back to me:

I have seen this, aired on Sven several years ago.  Before I started reviewing the movies.    Watching it again I know why I forgot I had seen it.  Price is always amazing, but the script here is kinda blah.  Some parts are quite nice, but at 73 minutes it needed to be a bit sharper with the characters.

Next week- It Came From Beneath the Sea YES!

No comments: