Monday, April 15, 2024

Calvin Monday 3-11-89

The day has finally come- the beanie has arrived!  The huge amount of Calvin's anticipation is about to pay off!  Until he reads the dreaded words "Some assembly required."  The batteries shouldn't be an issue, since Calvin's father is the sort who is always prepared for all contingencies.  I bet he has batteries in the freezer so they will last longer when needed.  My stepfather sure did.  They were also labeled when use began.  Be that as it may, having to put something together was always loaded with fear.  Something could, and probably would go wrong, especially if glue was involved.

Like Calvin, I was not mechanically inclined.  I don't know that I broke any of the toys that needed assembly, but I know I tried putting things together the wrong way a time or two.  Don't even get me started on IKEA.  I am better at basic things now, but I wouldn't want to be in danger and the car not starting.  We still have a have a few more strips with the beanie!
 

No comments: