Monday, April 8, 2024

Calvin 3-10-89

 

Here we have the "watched pot never boils" in action.  He keeps watching for the mail.  This must have been on a Saturday, since it has been shown the mail comes at a time whilst Calvin is daydreaming about the beanie during class.  I have been in this position more than once, and the package always arrives once all hope has been lost.

That is almost a spoiler. but that will have to wait until next week.  By the time this cartoon was published, the readers knew Calvin's personality and how much this was killing him.  I never paid much attention to the mail until I was much older, though.  When I got my first mail subscriptions to comic books.  Marvel still owes me three issues from when they canceled the first run of the Savage She-Hulk!

No comments: