Thursday, April 11, 2024

Dacya Clementine

 

Dacya would have been 17 years old today.  One of the reasons I took her home from Friends of Cats all those years ago was because they told me she was born on this day in the shelter.  I was looking for a tortie, and there she was, sleeping in a cat tree.  After that information was revealed (and that her name was Clementine) I knew fate had shown up.  She wasn't thrilled about the ride back to the house, and then hid under the bed for two weeks.  She did come out to eat and use the facilities.  We moved to a new place shortly after she arrived, so she was an only cat... until I decided to bring her a friend home, who was Thuvia Jane.

But that is a story for another time.  Dacya was with me for almost 13 years, and a lot of moves.  She was such a trooper.  She didn't like to be held much, but she purred when petted and was the Mistress of Bleps.  I miss you, Daci Baby, always and forever.  I hope I get to go to Cat Heaven.

No comments: