Thursday, April 4, 2024

Major Matt Mason ad

 

As I prepare an all toys issue for Xenorama, I keep finding a lot of ads for the Major Matt Mason space line.  These sure would have worked on me, had I been cognizant of them.  By the time I discovered them the line had been phased out for the most part.  They were released in 1966, and were pretty popular for about five years or so before kids moved on to the next phase of their lives.  I discovered them about age 7, which meant no new toys were made, and the ones that were still around were falling apart.  These were made to be played with, not just sitting on shelves in boxes.

This sure was a great line up of toys, though.  I just looked, and there is not a lot of information about the dolls and toys around.  Someone has placed "©" signs on several catalog pages, which I find pretty funny, since they did not take those pictures in the first place.  I am not sure how that would legally work, but I don't have to worry about it at this point in time.  There is a decent Matt Mason group on Facebook.

No comments: