Thursday, February 16, 2012

U2- Gloria

I'm so used to this version of the song that I add the live bits in when I listen to the studio version. I bought the album "Under a Blood Red Sky" which had the images of Red Rocks (where this video was taped) but it only had two cuts from the Red Rocks show. kind of annoying at the time. why? I was at this show, and I wanted the entire show on vinyl, or at least all 8 songs.

fortunately the DVD has now been released, complete except for one song ("I Fall Down" in which the camera malfunctioned). you can pause it in some scenes and see old classmates of mine in the front row. my friends and I were farther up. I can hardly believe it's been almost 30 years since this show on June 5th, 1983. cost me a whole $10 to see the show back then.

No comments: