Saturday, October 29, 2022

does whatever a spider can?

Spider-Man does a lot of things a spider does, sort of.  He can crawl on walls, spins webs, has the "proportionate strength" of a spider and that eerie spider sense.  Too bad spiders are not strong like ants.  Be that as it may, Peter must not have suffered from acrophobia, since he is always floating about in the air, or crawling up the sides of the many tall buildings in NYC.  The first time he jumped onto a wall, he didn't even think about how high up he was.  Now, perhaps the sudden strength increase helped, or the spider DNA took over, but he never had a problem with heights.

I relay all this because I just cleaned out the gutters at my house, and now I don't think I could ever be Spider-Man.  I really don't like being up ten feet in the air on a ladder.  No matter HOW steady it is.  I love Spidey, but I think I would have to be able to fly to be able to get off the ground too much.
 

No comments: