Sunday, October 23, 2022

Sven- The Bride of Frankenstein

 

Sven aired Bride last night.  It really is a great movie, and I have discussed it here, almost ten years go.  That is kind of hard to believe now.  Sven did his usual fun and great job hosting the movie, and I am willing to bet he has screened it more than one time in the past.  It aired a lot in my area as well, which is what I am going to relate here shortly.  I looked to see if the shot of Frankenstein being in the lab when it exploded was still there.  I didn't see it, and I don't remember if Sven talked about it now.

So, I saw this movie for the first time when I was about five or six years old.  It was during an over night camping trip.  I was part of the faux Boy Scouts group called The Indian Guides.  Yes, I know NOW, but we loved First Nations tribes then.  It has since been renamed to Adventure Guides, and it is kind of nice to know the program is still around.  

Be that as it may, one of the dads brought a small television that could be powered by a car battery.  That is so funny think of now.  He told us the monster movie that night was about a monster that crawled out of a lake and ate all the campers.  I was excited, since it was probably going to be a reptilian monster of some kind.  Apparently I didn't get that he was joking, since the movie (probably my first time watching Sci-Fi Flicks) was The Bride... and there was no lake monster.  I was a bit disappointed.   I must have been closer to six years old.    I sure hope I didn't ask anyone where the lake creature was.

Oh, and we got to choose our own "Brave" names- mine was Little Rex.

Next- Count Yorga, Vampire

No comments: