Monday, October 3, 2022

The Kikaida clan

I was watching this last episode of Kikaida 01 yesterday, and realized I had not watched the entire series for well over ten years.  I quite enjoyed this episode, and it makes me want to watch the entire series again. I would be willing to bet that I don't remember all of the episodes.  It doesn't live up to the prequel series, but it is a lot of fun and action-packed.  The show meanders about in the middle section a bit, but overall it is a good series.  There will be spoilers ahead for both the live-action series and the cartoon version.I like that the Kikaida brothers and their one sister all survive.  In the cartoon, they do not.  Only Jiro lives, and he has to destroy all of his siblings.  What fun.  I like the team up of Kikaida, 01, and Bijinda.  It is a nice last episode.  Of course, the narrator tells us to keep watch for another evil organization.  Because a new one could show up at any time.  I wonder what a third series would have looked like.  I hope Hakaida would not have been used again.

No comments: