Monday, December 18, 2023

Calvin Monday (12-16-92)

I understand both sides here, as I quite enjoy novelty songs.  However, one cannot hear them constantly.  'Tis the reason I don't enjoy Xmas songs when they start playing them in early November.  Not that the songs are bad, it is too early and too much.  So I get why Calvin's mom booted him outside.  So hard his hat came off!  I wonder if she was an athlete in college.  Especially since she didn't injure him.  Where is Hobbes, though?  I am quite sure he joined Calvin outside shortly.

Be that as it may, most novelty songs get annoying if played too often.  That would be why they end up being one hit wonders (though many were done by the same people using pseudonyms in the past).  I do wish we could hear more of them on the radio these days, at least occasionally.

No comments: