Thursday, December 28, 2023

Gigantor part One- 1-26

I can hardly believe I have owned both of these sets for over twenty years.  I got them over Yule back in 2002, I believe.  I remember because it was cold.  I mean, really cold.  Of course, I had just moved back to Colorado from San Diego, so that might also have been part of it.  I have watched both sets through at least once, and several episodes on Amazon a time or two.  Since there will be an issue dedicated to Gigantor published next year, I have been rewatching these original sets, which are truly great.  There are two sets, so all 52 episodes are present.  They look great as well, almost too good for the clarity of DVD.

There are a lot of extras, some commentary with Fred Ladd.  This is for each set.  I am not really surprised that the series has not been released on Blu-Ray, since there is probably not a big demand, nor will the episodes look too much better.  I am not sure that I would double dip, unless these discs went bad.
 

No comments: