Sunday, December 31, 2023

Xenorama #62

 

This is the last issue of 2023.  I quite enjoyed all the "research" I had to do for it  All the original appearances of PATB are in here, plus the episodes from the sequel series of Animaniacs as well.  It is in full color and we are quite happy about the way it came out.  It is a good sized issue, almost 80 pages.  It also features the very first ever letter to the editor.  From what I can tell, it came all the way from Japan!  I can hardly believe it took this long- well over 30 years, to actually get a fan letter to the zine itself.I did watch four episodes of the reboot, and found them sorta fun, but much more... edgy?  Mean-spirited, actually.  Brain called Pinky a lot of alliterative names, but that is not something he did on the original series.  He bopped Pinky on the head a lot, but never was verbally abusive.  His insults were barely understood by the viewer, much less Pinky.   I don't fault the actors, they were saying the lines as written.  It just isn't as charming as the original.

No comments: