Saturday, December 23, 2023

The Moon Tower

This is one amazing set of toys.  Had I been old enough to see it, I sure would have wanted it.  I had the Little Big Book featuring Matt Mason, so I knew the character, but by the early seventies the Major had been retired.  Trying to find them from friends with older kids was not that easy, as the toys tended to break during play.  Which is what they were supposed to do.  Be played with.  My mother did find my the alien friend of Matt Mason, but being a dumb kid, I was rather disappointed and did not play with him as much as I should have.  Dumb kid!  Scorpio was quite cool, too, and I could have used him in the 8mm movies I was making.

She really did try to find some of them.  I finally got a Matt Mason figure from eBay in the late 90s, but then was too old to do more than appreciate it, and it gathered dust.  So I sold it myself.  I had no real connection to it, other than what I thought it would have been 50 years ago.  

Still, it is a great idea.
 

No comments: