From Wiki- The Shaggy Dog is a 1959 American fantasy comedy film produced by Walt Disney Productions and loosely based on the 1923 novel The Hound of Florence by Felix Salten. Directed by
Charles Barton from a screenplay by
Lillie Hayward and
Bill Walsh, the film stars
Fred MacMurray,
Tommy Kirk,
Jean Hagen,
Kevin Corcoran,
Tim Considine,
Roberta Shore, and
Annette Funicello. The film follows a teenage boy named Wilby Daniels who, by the power of an enchanted ring of the
Borgias, is
transformed into a shaggy
Old English Sheepdog.
The film was released on March 19, 1959, and grossed over
$9 million during its initial release, making it the
second-highest-grossing film of 1959. Its success led to a franchise of further films, beginning with the 1976 sequel The Shaggy D.A.. Back to me:
I saw this in about fifth grade and thought it was hilarious. I have probably seen it a few more times, but by now it has been three decades. It is kinda funny, still. I saw The Shaggy DA, which wasn't quite as funny. Haven't seen any of the other franchise stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment