Sunday, September 27, 2026

Invasion of the Saucer Men poster

From Wiki-  Invasion of the Saucer Men (U.K. title: Invasion of the Hell Creatures; working title: Spacemen Saturday Night), is a 1957 black-and-white comic science fiction/comedy horror film produced by James H. Nicholson for release by American International Pictures. The film was directed by Edward L. Cahn and stars Stephen Terrell, Gloria Castillo, Raymond Hatton, and Frank Gorshin. The alien costumes were designed by Paul Blaisdell, who played one of the creatures in the film, along with dwarf actor Angelo Rossitto and Blaisdell's friend Bob Burns III. Special effects were handled by Howard A. Anderson and Alex Weldon, and Don Ament was Art Director.[1]

The screenplay by Robert J. Gurney Jr. and Al Martin was based on the 1955 short story "The Cosmic Frame" by Paul W. Fairman. Invasion of the Saucer Men was released as a double feature with I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957).[2]  back to me:

I think I have seen this one or two times.  It is sad that it is not available on disc these days.  I am enjoying this viewing of it, though.
 

No comments: