Thursday, April 25, 2024

Lost in Space volume One


 I started watching this series again from the beginning- the broadcast beginning, not the unaired pilot (I will watch it, just not now).  I got the Blu Ray set which is outstanding, I must say.  I got this book a while back.  It was published in 2016, though I got it in late 2020.  It is very thorough and a lot of fun.  It is also 700 pages long!  Marc has written several books about Irwin Allen's shows, including the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea that I reviewed here.  He has a second volume of that out, which I think covers seasons 2-4, rather than doing one book per season.  Lost In Space is Allen's best known series, though.  That might explain the book per season decision.  Maybe someday I can ask Marc himself!

Be that as it may, these are great to read whilst watching the episodes.  They are full of fun facts about the cast and crew as well as what was going on in popular culture at the time.  CBS meddled with this series so much it is amazing that this first season was any good at all.  I do enjoy all the nonsense that is going to happen in the later seasons, which also made the series memorable.  This book is loaded with great pictures, like never before seen publicity photos and diagrams.  Highly recommended!

No comments: