Friday, August 6, 2010

"only trouble is...

gee whiz, I'm dreaming my life away!"

just saw the movie Inception (2010) which was a good movie.  it could have been a lot better if it had been thirty minutes shorter.  does Christopher Nolan get paid by the minute? I suppose when you do "everything" (write, direct and produce) no one is going to tell you you have gone overboard in your film.

the movie deals in dreams, guilt and redemption.  the acting is good all around, though I am starting to think Leonardo DiCaprio is not nearly the great actor some people think he is. he's good, but like Jack Nicholson, you always see Leo acting as someone else. I thought Ellen Page was quite effective.

it was also very predictable.  not a single surprise or plot twist wasn't clearly foretold, right down to the ending.  and there was like, three instances of humor in this one, which is also about on the level for Nolan's movies.  I truly don't get all the fanboys going gaga over him like they do.

No comments: