Sunday, April 10, 2016

Harryhausen on blu ray

Picked this disc up while in San Diego.  Neither of these are my favorite movies of his, but for a blu ray to cost $4 I couldn't turn them down.  Thank goodness these are just the black and white versions (at least from what I could tell by the back of the box, as I don't have them in my possession at the moment, thanks Southwest) and not the crayonized versions of a few years ago.  Ever notice how colorization rears it's poorly done head every few years only to fade from conversation shortly there after?  People that don't like black and white movies and shows should never get to watch them, and they are still less likely to watch older shows even if in color.  Those people are stupid and should be avoided.

So hopefully at some point in the near future I will get to watch these movies again.  It's been several years since I have seen them and I'd like to see if my opinion has changed about them.  I am glad I never bought the DVDs of these movies, as they would have cost four times as much, each!  

I didn't notice if there were any extras on these, which makes no never mind to me, because the last time I watched one of them with just commentary from Ray, he was only interested in his effects and didn't offer anything else up about the movie- no actors, scene locations, etc. What he says is fine, but it's one note.  Still, it would be worth having.

No comments: