Saturday, February 27, 2021

WandaVision 8- Previously On

 

And there will be spoilers.  Agatha is shown to be an actual witch, though she might also be a mutant.  This episode is mostly flashbacks, but they show us things we didn't know.  We get flashbacks seeing Wanda's family before they get killed, how Wanda and Vision bonded, how she got exposed to the Infinity Stone which brought out her latent magic and even more.  Also, the director of SWORD is a lying jerk, just sayin.  And if all this magic is going on, why hasn't the Sorcerer Supreme been alerted?    He knew exactly where Odin was without trying hard.

Agatha is some kind of energy vampire, I think, though I won't be unhappy to be wrong.  I'm still not used to seeing her look like she is in her 30s, since in the comic books she always looked every year of her 400+ years of age.

There are still many questions to be answered, especially if the White Vision is going to be bereft of Jarvis AI personality.  As much as I generally liked John Byrne's work, I was no fan of this plot line.  Sure, it was cool to have the original Human Torch back, but it could have been done differently. 

I have heard this show is only going to be nine episodes, but I want more.

No comments: